10 Best OTG (Oven, Toaster & Grill) In India 2020 - Review And Buying Guide
Are you looking for the best OTG in India? If yes, then you have come to the right place. There is no doubt in saying that cooking is one of the most fun activities, especially if you love to experiment with recipes and make new dishes. As you all know that India is known for its culture and food items and many different varieties of food are available here.
So, if you also love to cook and want to take your cooking game to the next level, then investing in a good quality OTG (Oven, Toaster, Grill) is one of the best things you should do. It won’t only help you prepare your food faster, but it will also give you the freedom to make new dishes and experiment with different recipes.
When it comes to cooking, then some prefer traditional cooking tool because they are easy to use. But with the advancement in time and technology, OTG has become very versatile and provides a lot of additional benefits. Now you can use OTG's and fulfill all of your cooking easily.
One great thing about OTG is that it is an all-rounder machine and can be used for different purposes. The only problem is that there are many companies out there that sell OTG and it can be confusing to choose the best OTG in India.
Review Of 10 Best OTG In India
In this article, you will get to know about the 10 best OTG in India. Along with this, all the important information regarding them will also be mentioned. So, if this sounds compelling, then stick to this article. Now without wasting a single moment, let’s get started.
Buying Guide For OTG's
So, after discussing the products, now it’s time to take a step forward and move to the buying guide for OTG's. If you want to get the best OTG in India, then there some things that you should consider while choosing one. This buying guide will provide you all the information that you should know before buying an OTG. So now if you are ready, then let’s jump into the main deal.
Things To Consider Before Buying An OTG
- Size/Capacity of the OTG - One of the main things that you need to consider is the size and capacity of the OTG. You should buy an OTG according to your family size and the quantity of food you are going to make. Big OTG require more power and are less efficient, so if you have a medium-sized family, then 10 to 30 L capacity OTG would be best for you.
- Power Consumption - Just like all other electronics, OTG also comes with different power consumption rates. As it already mentioned that bigger OTG consumes more energy, so make sure to identify your cooking needs first, then choose an OTG. Though if you want to prepare baked foods, then you should consider choosing an OTG with higher power consumption.
- Warranty - Warranty plays a major role in buying an OTG. Try to go with those brands that offer yearly or at least some monthly warranty so that in case the product fails, you can apply for refund or replacement.
- Features - Different OTG's have different functions, you should know about the features it offers before buying it. For example- look for OTG that comes with features such as Auto-shutoff, keep warm, and if you also want to cook meat, then make sure the OTG has a rotisserie function.
- Additional Accessories - OTG's comes with different accessories, which helps in cooking. While selecting an OTG, check whether it provides important accessories like detachable crumb tray, baking pan, etc..
- Dimension - If you like an OTG, then you should also check its dimension before finalizing your decision. Check if it would fit your kitchen space or not. Though if the OTG is bigger for your kitchen and you don’t have enough space, then you can also purchase an OTG rack or wall mount stand.
- Controls - Generally OTG comes with two types of controls, digital and analog. In digital OTG's, push buttons are given and it provides more accurate details. On the other side, analog OTG's comes with mechanical switches and are less expensive and long-lasting. You should choose according to your comfort and convenience.
- Price - The prices of OTG depends on the power capacity. Higher power capacity OTG's are more expensive. So first fix your budget and the look for options. Also, check the reviews and feedback from other customers before buying it.
- Usage - You should choose the OTG as per your usage. For example- if you only want to use the OTG for heating and defrosting, then you should choose a smaller one.
How To Use OTG ?
However, using an OTG is not a complicated task but if you don’t have any experience, then you might face some problems. So to help you understand better, this section will teach you all the basic functionality and work structure of an OTG. Speaking of functionality, here are the functions of some accessories that come along with the OTG:
- Baking Tray - A baking tray is like a flat rectangular sheet that is made of thin metal. It is used in baking cookies and due to its rectangular shape, it is also called as a baking pan.
- Wire Grill Rack - It is used for heating those food items that you can’t grill by rotating through rotisserie, for example- it is mostly used to grill kebabs.
- Skewers - They are generally used with wire grill rack to grill food items. They are used to make tikkas, kebabs, and grill small pieces of chicken. Once in the entire process, they must be flipped to ensure uniform cooking.
- Tongs - Tongs can be used for different purposes. They can be used to bake potatoes, turn food without removing. In short, they provide a way to flip, turn and serve the food items.
- Rotisserie Set - It is used to grill and cook full chicken and ducks. All the large meat pieces are cooked with the help of a rotisserie set.
- Crumb Tray - This is one of the basic accessories that comes in most OTG. It always remains inside the OTG chamber at the bottom. It helps in keeping the OTG floor clean.
Functions Of 3 Knobs Of An OTG
- Temperature Control Knob - If you look at the side panel, you will see a lot of options, and the temperature knob is one of them. It lets you control temperature settings. In India, the degree used to measure temperature is mostly Celsius and in an OTG the maximum temperature is 250°C and the minimum is 100°C. If you want to choose between the different temperature settings, then you just have to adjust the dial as per the dish you are making.
- Time Control Knob - This knob is used to set the time, you can either do this or can select the stay-on mode, which will keep an OTG on until you press the turn off button. The maximum time limit that a time control knob has is 60 minutes, however, if you want to use an OTG for a longer period, then you should choose stay-on feature.
- Function Control Knob - As you know, you can use OTG for different functions such as toasting, grilling, and rotisserie. This knob allows you to choose from different available functions. After you have selected the function type, it adjusts the heating element operation accordingly. In some OTG’s, function knob has an option to directly select different heating element operational settings.
How To Perform Different Functions In An OTG?
- Baking - To bake your food items perfectly, you should preheat the oven first. Make sure to choose the temperature according to the recipe you are making. However, this rule is very basic but it creates a lot of different and if you want to better outcome, then you should follow this. Another important thing you should keep in mind while baking is to choose a setting that provides even heat in both top and bottom.
- Toasting - This function is used to make pizzas, toast, and sandwiches. In toasting, you should choose a top heat setting and use a wire rack to place the breads and simple trays for pizzas.
- Grilling - You should use skewers to grill kebabs, paneer tikkas or chicken tikkas, just make sure to use a crumb tray to collect all the drips. Use the top heat setting and don’t forget to flip the kebabs.
- Reheating - This is one of the most used features in an OTG. You can use the regular baking setting to heat your patties, samosa’s, stale bread or any other food items.
If you look at the growth stats of OTG, then you will see that it is only getting positive response. Because of its amazing advantages, OTG has become very popular and it is still expanding its reach day by day. It doesn’t matter whether you are a professional chef or just a normal foodie, this machine is perfect for everyone.
It will make the cooking process much easier and you won’t have to buy different appliances. So, if you are thinking to invest your money on an OTG, then one thing you have to keep in mind is that not all OTG's are created equal, some are better than others.
As you all know that competition is increasing rapidly and many new companies are coming into the market that claims to sell best OTG in India. But most of them are upto to the mark. That’s why it is recommended to buy products from a company that has been in the business for a long time and known to provide quality products.
All the OTG's mentioned above are from reputed companies and you should choose one that fits your needs and budget. Hope this article will clear some of your doubts and give you helpful information.
Still have queries in mind? Or want to give some suggestions? Feel free to ask anything in the comment section below.
Related Posts :